Egg Foo Young is originally a Cantonese dish. It has also become super popular in America. Of course, it added some local tastes to it. Now lets take a look how we can make the legendary Chinese American Egg Foo Young.
Please watch the video for ingredients.
1. First in a hot pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil, then add 2 ounces of minced pork and cook in high heat for about 1 minute. Then season with a dash of soy sauce, a dash of oyster sauce, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper. Stir fry until well done. Take them out and put aside. Wait until cool.
2. To make the sauce in another medium bowl, add 4 tablespoons of chicken stock, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, a dash of sesame oil, a pinch of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch with 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well. Put aside.
3. Then a medium bowl, crack and mix 6 eggs.
4. In a big bowl, introduce 2 leaves of Napa cabbage, 1 small carrot, 2 stalks of scallions, 1 handful of bean sprouts, the egg mixture, the minced pork, and a pinch of salt (dont add salt too early because it will make the vegetables release their juices and make the egg mixture watery).
5. In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil, add a spatula of egg mixture in the pan. Cook for about 1 minute until the egg is set. Turn over the egg and cook for 1 minute. Add extra mixture if needed to make it look more like a round pancake. Take it out and put aside. Then repeat with the egg mixture.
6. In the same pan, add sauce into the pan and heat it up until thicken. Drizzle on top of the egg pancakes.