Vegetarian Quinoa Chilli
|Quinoa||100 Gram, rinsed|
|Red onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Mild chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||600 Gram|
|Canned mixed beans||500 Gram|
|Peppers||2 , chopped and deseeded|
|Sweet peppers/Scotch bonnet||3 , chopped and deseeded|
|Canned sweetcorn||120 Gram, drained|
|For the topping|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a pan, add in the water and quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes covered on low heat, until all the water is absorbed.
2. In a large pan, heat oil and add in the onion, let it soft for 5 minutes
3. Add in the garlic, cumin and chili powder; stir until nice and coated for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, peppers, sweet bell peppers and courgette.
5. Season with oregano and pepper, stir well and let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Stir in quinoa and sweet corn. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
7. Ladle out the quinoa in a serving bowl and top with cheese, sour cream and coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg2.4%
Sodium 458.3 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet