|Diced tomatoes||28 Ounce, canned, undrained|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, pressed|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium|
|Orange bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Poblano pepper||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon, divided in 2 parts|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili beans in sauce||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Avocado||1 Large, chopped (Haas)|
|Cheese||To Taste, shredded (Optional)|
|Sour cream||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise, remove seeds using a teaspoon and dice, set aside
2. Cut the onion in to dices and set aside.
3. Seed and dice bell peppers and poblano peppers and set aside.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, place together tomatoes, garlic, chilli powder and salt, stir and microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and leave it aside.
5. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 part of oil and fry the squash for about 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
6. Push the squash to the edges of the skillet making a well in center, and put in the onions and saute for about 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
8. Mix in with the squash, and again push the squash mixture to the edges of the skillet making a well in center.
9. Put peppers in the center and cook for 5 minutes and mix with the squash mixture.
10. Again push the squash mixture to the edges of the skillet making a well in center.
11. Add in the tomato paste and allow to caramelize for about 1 minute and stir the vegetables in.
12. Add in all the beans, beans and chilli sauce, and stir well to mix.
13. Add in the tomato garlic mixture and stir well and allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes.
14. Spoon the vegetable mixture into a bowl and top with avocado, sour cream, fresh cilantro and cheese.
15. Serve immediately with cornbread.
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 631 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 31 g123.9%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 32 g63.3%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C 184.4%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet