SOS Crock-Pot Chili
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||30 Ounce (2 (nos) 15 oz can)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 (no.) 15 oz can)|
|Pinto beans||15 Ounce (1 (no.) 15 oz can)|
|Red kidney beans||15 Ounce (1 (no.) 15 oz can)|
|Chili powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a skillet over medium high heat cook together the ground beef, onion, chopped garlic, and celery.
2. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
3. Using a 6 quart Crock-Pot add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, red kidney beans, and spices.
4. When ground beef has finished cooking drain off grease and add to the crock pot. Stir well.
5. If you desire more liquid in your chili you can add tomato sauce, beer, or water until it has reached the consistency you desire.
6. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
7. Serve alongside some crusty bread.
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 152.1 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 60.5% Vitamin C 45.2%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 46.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet