Paleo Chunky Chili
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grass fed organic beef||4 Pound (2 pounds stewing beef, 2 pounds ground beef)|
|Bacon||1 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||2 Large, chopped roughly|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped roughly|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, chopped roughly|
|Bay leaf||3 Medium|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle peppers||1 Teaspoon|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Everyday seasoning||2 Teaspoon (from Trader Joes)|
|Smoked seasoning||2 Teaspoon (from Trader Joes)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for garnish)|
1. Heat a Dutch oven and pour in half a teaspoon of olive oil in it.
2. Put the bacon in it. Let it brown for 5 minutes and do not let it become too crispy.Remove the bacon into a bowl with a slotted spoon leaving the fat behind in the pan.
3. Drop the cubed beef in the pan and cook until nicely browned.
4. Add the onions and garlic and saute them until they get caramelized.
5. Add the cumin, coriander, paprika and chipotle powder next and mix them in.
6. Drop the ground beef and mix it in. Cook until browned for about 5 minutes.
7. Drop in the chopped tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper and the fried bacon bits.Stir everything in to mix nicely.
8. Pour in the tomato puree and the barbecue sauce.
9. Add the Everyday seasoning and the Smoked seasoning.
10.Season with salt and throw in the bay leaves. Give it a good stir.
11.Pour in a cup of water.
12.Let it simmer over absolutely low heat for 4 hours.
13.Serve hot with a little cheese on top for garnish.
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.3%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 169.4 mg56.5%
Sodium 1521.3 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 57 g113.5%
Vitamin A 41.3% Vitamin C 65.5%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet