Lower Fat Chili Cheese Fries
|Ground turkey||20 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salsa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||3 Pound, scrubbed clean|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Greek yogurt/Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (or 220 degrees C)
2. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Slice the potatoes into French fry shaped pieces that are roughly the same size.
4. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
For the chili:
5. In a large sauté pan, crumble and brown the turkey in a tablespoon of olive oil, over medium high heat.
6. Add the tomato sauce, salsa, water, beans and seasonings and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
7. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes but longer would be fine.
In the meantime make your fries.
8. Divide the prepared potatoes between the 2 pans making sure each fry has contact with the pan.
9. Bake them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes then rotate the pans and flip the fries and bake them for an additional 20 minutes. When they’re crispy and tender, sprinkle them with a little chili powder.
10. Place a pile of fries on your plate, top with a ladle of chili, grated cheddar, Greek yogurt, and green onions.
11. Serve immediately.
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 48.7 mg16.2%
Sodium 500.7 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet