Chile Rellenos Casserole
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned whole green chilies||8 Ounce, drained and cut in half (2 Cans, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a medium sized skillet and combine the first 4 ingredients in it.
3. Place the skillet over heat and cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
4. Drain off pan drippings.
5. Take a 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish and grease it lightly.
6. Layer the dish with half each of green chilies and cheese.
7. Evenly spread meat mixture over cheese.
8. Top it with the remaining cheese and chilies.
9. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
10. Stir and mix them well.
11. Pour over casserole.
12. Place the dish in oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until set.
13. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.3 mg75.1%
Sodium 714.7 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet