Golden Flower Turkey with Bamboo Shoots and Chili
|White turkey meat||12 Ounce, washed, dried and cut into 1/8 inch wide and 2 inches long strips|
|Balsamic vinegar/Chinese black vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Celery stalks/4 ounce sliced celery, ready cut, about 1 cup||2|
|Red bell pepper/5 ounce sliced, ready cut about 1 cup||6 Ounce (Use Whole)|
|Scallions||3 , thinly sliced|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chili paste with garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Hot Type)|
|Chicken stock||6 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix the turkey with egg white and cornstarch and leave it aside.
2. In another bowl mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and white pepper and keep it aside.
3. In a wok or skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil until it shimmers and stir-fry bamboo shoots, celery, scallions and red pepper for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the vegetables and keep aside, wipe the wok, heat the rest of the oil in the wok until it shimmers and stir fry the turkey until it becomes white from all sides.
5. Now add chilli paste, vinegar mixture and continue to cook stirring in between.
6. Now put the vegetables and chicken stock and stir fry to mix well.
7. Serve hot over steamed rice.
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117 mg39%
Sodium 606 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 61.4% Vitamin C 190.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet