Health And Fiber Rich Chili Con Carne
|Dried brown beans/Red beans||8 Ounce|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Pint|
|Pork dripping/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinned tomatoes/Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce|
1) Add in beans into a large bowl. Cover with enough water and let soak overnight.
2) Transfer the water and beans into a casserole the following day. Cover and cook on low flame for 1 1/2 hours.
3) In a frying pan, heat oil or margarine. Add in beef cut into 2.5 cm cubes. Saute till they become brown.
4) Add in chopped onion. Saute till they turn transparent.
5) Add in the beef mixtue into the casserole. Add in salt, pepper, chilli powder and paprika. Cook on low for 60 minutes.
6) Add in drained tomatoes. Cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
7) To thicken the sauce, add in cornflour mixed with a little water. Cook for a while.
8) Serve the Chili Con Carne hot with plain boiled rice, wholemeal bread slices and crisp green salad on the side.