Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne
|Lean ground beef/Hamburger||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients except for the beans and cooked rice.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.
3) Drain the beans and measure them. Mix into the chili sauce.
4) Cook the rice.
5) If the sauce seems too thin after cooking is done, pour it into a small skillet and gently simmer over moderate heat till thickened.
6) Pour the thickened sauce all over the chili and transfer to a serving plate. Serve as a main course dish with hot cooked rice on the side.