Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne
|Lean ground beef/Hamburger||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients except for the beans and cooked rice.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.
3) Drain the beans and measure them. Mix into the chili sauce.
4) Cook the rice.
5) If the sauce seems too thin after cooking is done, pour it into a small skillet and gently simmer over moderate heat till thickened.
6) Pour the thickened sauce all over the chili and transfer to a serving plate. Serve as a main course dish with hot cooked rice on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2231 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.4%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260 mg86.7%
Sodium 2442.1 mg101.8%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.3%
Dietary Fiber 34.9 g139.6%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 135 g269.1%
Vitamin A 185.4% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 195.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet