Chili Cheese Beef Loaf
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Ground round/Chuck||2 Pound|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (packaged)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Canned hot green chili peppers||4 Ounce, chopped (1 can)|
|Monterey jack cheese||5 Ounce (1/2 of a 10 ounce stick)|
|Pimiento strip||4 Ounce, cut into 1 inch strips (1 jar)|
1) Halve the peppers and seed them. Cut then lengthwise into thin strips. Thereafter, chop the peppers to make about 1/4 cup. Reserve remainder.
2) Take a large bowl and combine together bread crumbs, beef, pepper, salt, tomato sauce, onion, eggs, chopped green pepper and 1 can chili peppers. Mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
3) Take a 10 1/4 x 3 5/8 x 2 5/8-inch loaf pan and grease it.
4) Press half the prepared mixture on the pan.
5) Place a row of pimiento strips down the center of meat.
6) Place cheese lengthwise in quarters.
7) Wrap 3 quarters with the remaining chili peppers. Place the sauce on top.
8) Press the remaining meat mixture over cheese-pepper center.
9) Unmold prepared loaf over a shallow baking pan and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes at 350° F.
10) In the meanwhile, heat butter or margarine in a saucepan and saute the remaining green pepper for about 5 minutes.
11) After 50 minutes, arrange remaining pimiento and sauted pepper over the baked loaf. Cut the remaining cheese into long slices and arrange over pimiento and peppers. Bake the loaf for about 10 more minutes or until cheese melts completely.
12) Serve with salsa Picante, if desired.