Chili with Tomatoes
|Red beans||1 Pint (Mexican)|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) In a bowl, add in the beans. Cover and soak overnight.
3) Drain the beans and keep aside.
4) In a skillet, fry the bacon till they become crisp.
5) Take the bacon out of the skillet and let drain on paper towels.
6) Into the skillet, add in the chopped onions, green pepper and brown lightly.
7) Next, add in the ground beef.
8) Break apart the pieces of meat using a fork. Add in a teaspoon of salt. Brown the meat well.
9) Next, add in the drained beans, tomatoes, tomato juice and chili powder.
10) Mix well. Cover the skillet and cook till the beans become tender, in about 3 hours. You may even cook the chili in a slow oven.
11) Serve the Chili with Tomatoes hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.5 mg13.8%
Sodium 986.9 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 56.3%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet