Chili with Tomatoes
|Red beans||1 Pint (Mexican)|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) In a bowl, add in the beans. Cover and soak overnight.
3) Drain the beans and keep aside.
4) In a skillet, fry the bacon till they become crisp.
5) Take the bacon out of the skillet and let drain on paper towels.
6) Into the skillet, add in the chopped onions, green pepper and brown lightly.
7) Next, add in the ground beef.
8) Break apart the pieces of meat using a fork. Add in a teaspoon of salt. Brown the meat well.
9) Next, add in the drained beans, tomatoes, tomato juice and chili powder.
10) Mix well. Cover the skillet and cook till the beans become tender, in about 3 hours. You may even cook the chili in a slow oven.
11) Serve the Chili with Tomatoes hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.