Hot Chilli Runners
|Fresh green chilies||1|
|Runner beans||1 Pound (Young Ones)|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
1) From the beans, first remove the top and tail portion and then slice diagonally.
2) In a small basin, add the chilli with enough cold water to cover.
3) On high power, cook for 2 minutes or until the water starts boiling.
4) Reduce the setting to Defrost/Low and then cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Gently lift the chilli out and put on a board.
6) With knife and fork, gently remove the seeds and then slice very thin.
7) In a large casserole, combine the sliced beans, tomato puree, cinnamon and sliced chilli along with 1/2 pint of water.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste.
9) On high power, cook covered for 15 to 17 minutes or until the beans become tender, stirring in between.
10) In a bowl, combine the cornflour and 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water and blend well.
11) To the beans mixture, add this.
12) On high power, cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. By now, the beans would be coated with the sauce.
13) Serve the Hot Chilli Runners garnished with parsley.
Calories 37 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.64 g0.98%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.06%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.6 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet