Green Chile Cream Sauce
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned green chiles||13 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (3 cans, 4.5 ounces each)|
|Chopped seeded jalapeno peppers||2 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onions until almost tender.
2. Add green chiles and jalapeno peppers and cook stirring frequently, for2 minutes.
3. Reducing heat to medium-low, stir constantly adding flour, salt and white pepper to the mixture.
4. Cook for 1 minute until flour is well blended and sauce thickens.
5. While whisking mixture, gradually add half and half and lime juice; continue cooking 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
6. Serve warm over Pork Tamales.