|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried adzuki beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight and drained|
1) In a medium pot, heat the oil and add the onions, celery, peppers and garlic.
2) SautÃ© the mixture for 10 minutes or until tender.
3) Stir in the flour and chilli powder.
4) Add tomatoes, stock and beans.
5) Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Remover the lid and simmer for 30 minutes more or until the beans are tender and liquid has thickened.
7) Serve at room temperature with warm pitta breads.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.44 mg0.15%
Sodium 304.4 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 148.5% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet