|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried adzuki beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight and drained|
1) In a medium pot, heat the oil and add the onions, celery, peppers and garlic.
2) SautÃ© the mixture for 10 minutes or until tender.
3) Stir in the flour and chilli powder.
4) Add tomatoes, stock and beans.
5) Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Remover the lid and simmer for 30 minutes more or until the beans are tender and liquid has thickened.
7) Serve at room temperature with warm pitta breads.