Beefed Up Chili
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Beef gravy||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Kidney beans||15 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder/1 clove fresh garlic, minced||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Large, seeded and finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Heat a large casserole or skillet over high heat.
2. Crumble in the beef and add onion.
3. SautÃ© until the beef is browned and fat is rendered and onion is limp.
4. Drain out the fat.
5. Tip in remaining ingredients except rice, cheese and parsley.
6. Stir to mix well and bring to a boil.
7. When bubbly, reduce heat.
8. Simmer beef, for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent it from sticking to the base, until the meat is cooked and flavors have been absorbed.
9. In 4 bowls, divide the cooked rice.
10. Ladle the Two Bean Chili on top.
11. Top with cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
12. Serve hot