|Fresh corn kernels/2 packages of 10-ounce each frozen corn, thawed||4 Cup (64 tbs), cut from 6 ears|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Scallions||2 , white and green portions thinly sliced separately|
|Ground chilies||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mild Variety)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Small, seeded and minced to make about 1 tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Cilantro, Loosely Packed)|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the corn with 1/2 cup of water.
2) Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over moderately high heat.
3) Cook the corn for 3 minutes, then drain in a colander and set aside.
4) In the saucepan, add butter to melt over moderately low heat.
5) Add the red bell pepper and the scallion whites to sautÃ© for 3 minutes or until softened.
6) Stir in the corn, ground chiles, salt and black pepper and cook to heat up thoroughly for about 3 minutes.
7) Add the jalapeno and the scallion greens.
8) Stir in coriander after removing from the heat.
9) Season the corn chili to taste with salt and hot sauce. Serve warm.