|Fresh corn kernels/2 packages of 10-ounce each frozen corn, thawed||4 Cup (64 tbs), cut from 6 ears|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Scallions||2 , white and green portions thinly sliced separately|
|Ground chilies||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mild Variety)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Small, seeded and minced to make about 1 tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Cilantro, Loosely Packed)|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the corn with 1/2 cup of water.
2) Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over moderately high heat.
3) Cook the corn for 3 minutes, then drain in a colander and set aside.
4) In the saucepan, add butter to melt over moderately low heat.
5) Add the red bell pepper and the scallion whites to sautÃ© for 3 minutes or until softened.
6) Stir in the corn, ground chiles, salt and black pepper and cook to heat up thoroughly for about 3 minutes.
7) Add the jalapeno and the scallion greens.
8) Stir in coriander after removing from the heat.
9) Season the corn chili to taste with salt and hot sauce. Serve warm.
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 166.7 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 49.5%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet