Two Meat Chili
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Ham steak||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, broken up (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon (Or More, If Desired)|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red kidney beans||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) In a kettle or Dutch oven, heat oil.
2) In hot oil, saute onion and garlic, until golden.
3) To this, add cubed meat. Fry till brown on all sides.
4) Gradually add the remaining ingredients, except beans and sour cream.
5) Bring this mix to a boil.
6) Now, simmer, covered for an hour. Stir occasionally as required.
7) Then, add beans and simmer for 30 minutes more.
8) Serve hot with sour cream. You can sprinkle green onions on top, before serving.