Skier's Vegetable Chili
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pinto beans/Kidney beans||30 Ounce, rinsed (2 Can)|
|Canned pinto beans/Kidney beans||30 Ounce, rinsed, drained (2 cans,15 ounce each)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||32 Ounce (2 cans,16 ounce each)|
|Diced tomatoes||32 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil and saute onions and green peppers on medium-low for about 8 minutes.
2) When the onions turn soft and transluscent, add in the garlic, zucchini and carrot. Turn dowm the flame and cook for about 2 minutes.
3) Add in the beans, tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin powder, Italian Seasoning, pepper and 1/2 cup of water. Stir well to mix.
4) Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Continue cooking on low for abouy 35 to 45 minutes.
5) Serve the Skier's Vegetable Chilli hot along with toasted French Bread slices on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4949 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6008.2 mg250.3%
Total Carbohydrates 883 g294.2%
Dietary Fiber 243.2 g972.9%
Sugars 97.2 g
Protein 262 g524.7%
Vitamin A 1519.5% Vitamin C 877.7%
Calcium 216.3% Iron 426.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet