Chicken Lentil Chili
|Broiler fryer chicken||6 , skinned, boned and cut in 1/2 inch cubes|
|Lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), washed|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||3⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounce)|
|Green pepper rings||5|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1. In Dutch oven, bring together lentils, chicken broth, water and salt to a boil over high heat.
2. Reducing heat to medium low, simmer with cover for 30 minutes.
3. In large frying pan, heat oil heat to medium temperature and cook the chicken stirring for about 4 minutes such that chicken loses pink color.
4. To the lentils, add chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, onion, green pepper, red pepper, green chilies and tomatoes and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Then reduce heat to medium low and simmer with cover for 30 minutes such that lentils are tender.
6. Pour into tureen, garnish with green pepper rings and grated Cheddar cheese and serve.
Calories 3440 Calories from Fat 2110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 234 g360.1%
Saturated Fat 66.7 g333.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1130.2 mg376.7%
Sodium 1567.9 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 290 g580.5%
Vitamin A 77% Vitamin C 118.2%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 98.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet