Hot Orange Chile Glaze
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 , minced|
|Serrano chilies||3 Small, diced small|
|Coriander seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan till it is very hot, but not smoking.
2) Over moderate heat, saute the onion in oil till it is clear. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except the water and cornstarch. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Gently simmer, for about 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
5) Mix the water and cornstarch together properly in a small bowl.
6) Into the simmering glaze, sit the cornstarch mixture till it has thickened.
7) Take the pan off the heat.
8) Serve or use as preferred.