|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chili beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Or More)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a large (3-quart) microwave proof casserole add beef breaking chunks with a spoon.
2. Stir in onion and green pepper.
3. Cover dish with plastic wrap.
4. Microwave at HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes, stirring once, until beef changes color.
5. Drain the excess fat if any before stirring in the remaining ingredients.
6. Return to the microwave and set the level to 6
7. Cook for about 30 to 35 minutes until thick and saucy.
8. Let stand for 5 minutes for flavors to be absorbed.
9. Serve the chilli in hot dogs or over tacos