|Dried kidney beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking liquid from beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Reserved Liquid From Cooking Kidney Beans)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Calf liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Pepper||1 , chopped (Green Or Sweet Red)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Chili powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
1) Soak the kidney beans overnight before cooking them as per packet instructions. Draining the liquid and keep aside for later use.
2) In a blender, add in liver and 1/4 quartered onion and blend into a thick, smooth puree.
3) In a large lightly-oiled skillet, saute the ground beef.
4) Add in the pureed liver and continue sauteing till the meat loses it raw color and starts to brown.
5) Now, add in the 3/4 onion, chopped pepper, garlic, chilli powder, cumin powder and oregano. Saute well till onions become transluscent.
6) Further, mix in the cooked kidney beans, beans stock, tomato paste, corn, tamari leaves and molasses.
7) Continue cooking on low flame till the onions and peppers soften and all the ingredients are incorporated well into the mixture.
8) Serve the Super Chili hot.
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.7 mg56.2%
Sodium 954.9 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 45 g89.3%
Vitamin A 366.7% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 66.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet