Cheese and Chile Corn Bread
|Canned whole green chiles||4 Ounce, rinsed, seeded (1 Can)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, well chilled|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) Add the chili to work bowl after drying with a paper towel. Pulse on/off until coarsely chopped.
4) Change the setting into SHREDDING DISC setting.
5) Insert the cheese into feed tube to shred.
6) Stack the onion wedges into feed tube and shred.
7) In a mixing bowl, place the chili, cheese and onions.
8) Add corn and toss to mix. Place it aside.
9) Use the METAL BLADE setting.
10) In the work bowl, add cornmeal, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and milk powder.
11) Pulse on/off to mix.
12) Use a measuring cup, to combine eggs, warm water and oil.
13) Pour in liquid through feed tube in a steady stream, while the machine is running.
14) Stop machine and remove the lid to scrape down sides of bowl.
15) Add the cheese corn mixture all at once and combine with 2-3 on/off pulses. Do not overdo and ensure that corn remains whole.
16) Use a well-greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan to pour the mixture.
17) Place inside oven to bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
18) Place on wire rack and allow to cool 5 minutes before cutting.
19) Serve warm after slicing the bread.