Pan Seared Orange Chili Scallops
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (2 Can)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Chili paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 Tin)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||10 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound, blanched|
|Carrots||2 , thinly sliced|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
1) In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients and whisk them together.
2) Add scallops to it and marinate covered for 20 minutes.
3) In a bowl add all the ingredients for the sauce.
4) With a slotted spoon remove the scallops from the marinade. Place scallops on a dry towel and pat dry.
5) Reserve the marinade.
6) In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil to smoking point.
7) Place the scallops on it and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till lightly browned on both sides and cooked thoroughly.
8) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper and transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate.
9) Add sauce and reserved marinade to the skillet.
10) Boil the mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
11) Add snow peas and carrots, and cook for 1 minute.
12) Divide scallops among four plates.
13) Spoon the sauce and vegetables over them.
14) Serve with rice.