|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes with italian herbs||14 1⁄2 Ounce, diced|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In deep saucepan, saute ground beef, onions and green peppers, drain and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and corn and heat such that corn is thawed.
3. Add kidney beans and chili powder and from the saucepan pour the mixture into slow cooker.
4. Let it cook with cover on Low 5-6 hours.
5. To serve top individual servings with dollops of sour cream, or sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.1%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.9 mg38.3%
Sodium 1604.1 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 44 g87.6%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 50.8%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet