1. In a large pot pour olive oil and sauté the onions over medium heat.
2. Add peppers and garlic and stir everything, lower the heat to medium and cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
3. Add the chili powder, stir in, and crumble the oregano, salt and pepper. Stir and cook about 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup beer. Stir to combine.
5. Add 1/2 cup more beer or other liquid if it gets too dry.
6. Add in the drained beans, cover the pot, and cook slowly 10 minutes.
7. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.