Short Ribs with Chili
|Short ribs||3 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, cut into squares|
|Kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
1) In a large heated skillet, rub a fatty short rib then sear the ribs on all sides until browned.
2) In a slow cooker place the browned short ribs.
3) In the skillet, brown the garlic lightly, then stir in the chili powder and canned tomatoes.
4) In the slow cooker, season the ribs with the salt and pepper, then add green pepper and onions.
5) Pour over the tomato mixture, stir well to mix.
6) Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
7) Just 2 hours before cooking on low or 1 hour on high, add the drained kidney beans, then cook further until done.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.