Pumpkin And Turkey Chili And Pumpkin Cornbread
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Crumbled chicken bouillon cubes||3|
|Dry black beans/3-4 cups of any beans||1 Pound, cooked|
|Cooked turkey||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salsa/15 ounce can diced tomato with double of seasoning||16 Ounce|
|Sweet corn||15 Ounce|
|Beer||12 Ounce (Mexican Beer, If Desired)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9x13 inch pan for baking.
3. For the Cornbread: Add I melted stick of butter, 4 eggs and mix.
4. Add 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 cup sugar and 12 ounces of beer and mix well.
5. Add 1 cup of cornmeal, 3 cups of flour, 2 tablespoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and mix.
6. Smooth the batter over the greased pan and put to bake for 40 minutes.
7. For the Chili: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil.
8. Add 1 chopped onion and 3 diced cloves of garlic and cook until translucent.
9. Add 3 Chicken bouillon cubes, 4 cups of turkey breast, 1 pound of black beans, 16 ounces of salsa, 12 ounces of beer, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 can of corn.
10. Add 2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili, ½ teaspoon ground oregano and let it cook down for 20 minutes.
11. Take the cornbread out of the oven and let it cool for half an hour.
12. Serve a hot bowlful of chili with a portion of cornbread.