Ginger Beef with Chile
|Lean beef steak||14 Ounce (3 1/2 Ounce /100 Gram Each, Such As Rump, Sirloin / Fillet)|
|Ginger wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh gingerroot||1 Inch, finely chopped (1 Piece)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground chili||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper strips||4 (For Garnish)|
|Freshly cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Scallions||2 , shredded (For Serving)|
|Fresh pineapple||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small|
|Fresh red chilies||1|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Preserved ginger in syrup||1 , drained and chopped (1 Piece, For Serving)|
1. Trim any excess fat from the steaks if necessary. Using a meat mallet or covered rolling pin, pound the steaks until they are 1/2 inch/1 cm thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste and place in a shallow dish.
2. Combine the ginger wine, fresh gingerroot, garlic, and ground chili and pour over the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the relish. Peel and finely chop the pineapple and place it in a bowl. Halve, seed, and finely chop the bell pepper and chile. Stir into the pineapple with the soy sauce and preserved ginger. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until required.
4. Brush a ridged grill pan with the oil and heat until very hot. Drain the beef and add to the pan, pressing down to sear. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Drain the steaks on paper towels and transfer to warmed serving plates. Garnish with chile strips and serve with noodles, scallions, and the relish.