Grilled Beef And Bean Stuffed Poblano Chile Peppers
|Poblano chile||4 Large|
|Extra lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Picante sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crumbled queso fresco/Crumbled monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut a lengthwise slit in one side of each pepper; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers on a paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until peppers are hot and beginning to soften. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well; return meat mixture to pan.
4. Add beans and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
5. Open peppers; fill with bean mixture, and top with cheese.
6. Place peppers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese melts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1099 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 170.6 mg56.9%
Sodium 4078.6 mg169.9%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 34.4 g137.6%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 92 g183.9%
Vitamin A 309.1% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 96% Iron 98%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet