White Bean And Chili Chicken
|Large dry white bean||1 Pound, wash and soaked over night|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (to saute)|
|Whole onion||1 Medium|
|Onions||1 Medium, chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Canned whole green chilies||7 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Pour off the water from the beans, and drain well.
2) In a pot, place chickens with 2 quarts water, whole onion, celery, carrot, parsley, and bay leaves.
3) Heat and simmer until meat is tender.
4) Take the chicken out of the stock and allow to cool.
5) Remove meat and skin from bones; dice meat.
6) Strain the broth and skim off fat from the stock.
7) In a saucepan, mix together beans, chicken broth, and 1 chopped onion.
8) Heat the bean mixture to a boil.
9) Reduce the heat and simmer until beans are just tender.
10) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute garlic and chopped onion until tender and golden.
11) Stir the garlic mixture and remaining ingredients into the beans mixture.
12) Put the lid on and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
13) Mix in chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
14) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.