Fancy Five Star Chili. Tender pieces of beef sirloin and creamy cannelini beans simmered in red wine and beef stock with just the right seasonings.
1 Large, chopped
2 Pound, cut into large dice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (mixture of spices like cumin, garlic, chilli, etc))
Canned cannellini beans
30 Ounce (3 (10 ounce) cans)
8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 small can)
Instant coffee powder/Instant espresso powder
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)
1. In a soup pot, saute onions in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Add beef and cook, stirring, until beef starts to brown.
3. Sprinkle flour over meat and cook, stirring for one minute.
4. Pour the beef stock, wine and add the chili powder.
5. Bring it to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Add beans, tomato paste and espresso powder. Stir well to mix all and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve the chilli with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese if desired or as it is with bread or rice.
A beef chilli with beans is perfect for a cozy dinner with family and friends. Watch Robin create this delicacy in her warm kitchen. You may want to stock on some of the basic ingredients of the recipe as it is going to be relished and prepared time and again at home.