CHIPOTLE CHILE RUBBED SHRIMP WITH AVOCADO CORN CHUTNEY
|Jumbo shrimp||16 (peeled and deveined)|
|Chipotle chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe avocado||1 , cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Red ripe tomato||1 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Sweet corn||1 (shucked)|
|Scallion/3 tablespoons diced sweet onion||1 , trimmed and finely chopped (both white and green parts)|
|Jalapeno pepper/Serrano peppers||2 , minced (seeded)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (fresh)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste (kosher or sea)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, then blot them dry with paper towels.
2. Place the chile powder, garlic salt, coriander, oregano, cumin, and pepper in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Stir in the olive oil. Let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Cook the shrimp, following the instructions below for any of the grills, until just cooked through. When done the shrimp will turn pinkish white and will feel firm to the touch.
4. Spoon the Avocado and Corn chutney into 4 large serving bowls. Drape 4 of the hot shrimp over the edge of each glass or bowl and serve at once. Or for a cold shrimp cocktail, let the cooked shrimp cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the shrimp, covered, until they are chilled before serving them with the salsa. The cooked shrimp can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
1. Place the avocado in the bottom of a nonreactive mixing bowl and gently toss it with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Spoon the tomato on top of the avocado.
2. Cut the kernels off the corn. The easiest way to do this is to lay the cob flat on a cutting board and remove the kernels using lengthwise strokes of a chef's knife. Add the corn kernels to the mixing bowl. The salsa can be prepared to this stage up to 2 hours ahead. Refrigerate it, covered.
3. Just before serving, add the jalapeño(s) and cilantro to the mixing bowl and gently toss to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice as necessary and season with salt and pepper to taste; the salsa should be highly seasoned