Meat with Courgettes and Chickpeas
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Lean boneless stewing beef/Lamb||2 Pound, cubed|
|Tomato concentrate||3 Tablespoon|
|Chickpeas||2 Ounce, soaked overnight|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Courgettes||2 Pound, washed and sliced|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat butter or oil and saute onions, garlic cloves until golden.
2) Stir in the meat cubes until browned all over to seal in the juices.
3) Pour in the tomato concentrate.
4) Mix in the chickpeas, and add water to cover.
5) Sprinkle with salt, pepper to taste and ground allspice if liked.
6) Bring to the meat mixture to boil stirring well and put the lid.
7) Cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
8) Stir in the courgettes (or marrow) and simmer for a further half hour, or until the meat, chickpeas and vegetables are very tender.
9) While cooking check for liquid, add a little more water during cooking if necessary.
10) Season to taste and serve. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 130.1 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet