Meat with Courgettes and Chickpeas
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Lean boneless stewing beef/Lamb||2 Pound, cubed|
|Tomato concentrate||3 Tablespoon|
|Chickpeas||2 Ounce, soaked overnight|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Courgettes||2 Pound, washed and sliced|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat butter or oil and saute onions, garlic cloves until golden.
2) Stir in the meat cubes until browned all over to seal in the juices.
3) Pour in the tomato concentrate.
4) Mix in the chickpeas, and add water to cover.
5) Sprinkle with salt, pepper to taste and ground allspice if liked.
6) Bring to the meat mixture to boil stirring well and put the lid.
7) Cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
8) Stir in the courgettes (or marrow) and simmer for a further half hour, or until the meat, chickpeas and vegetables are very tender.
9) While cooking check for liquid, add a little more water during cooking if necessary.
10) Season to taste and serve. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.