Flounder Fillets with Chick Pea Relish
|Chick pea relish:|
|Chopped tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, seeded and finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, chopped|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked dried chick peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Cup, No Salt Added, Do Not Use Canned)|
|For flounder fillet|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground hot red pepper||1 Pinch|
|Flounder fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Pieces)|
|Ground hot red pepper/Paprika||To Taste (Additional)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) FOR THE CHICK PEA RELISH: Take a small bowl and combine onion, tomato, jalapeno pepper, vinegar and garlic in it. Add chick peas and mix well. Set aside.
3) FOR THE FLOUNDER FILLETS: Take a small saucepan and whisk together egg and sour cream. Add flour and ground hot red pepper. Whisk until smooth. Cook the sauce over very low heat for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly thickened, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Remove from heat and keep aside.
4) Fold the fillets crosswise in half. Take an aluminum foil lined broiler pan and arrange fish in a single layer.
5) Bake fish in oven for about 7-10 minutes or until center begins to flake upon being touched with a fork.
6) Transfer fillets to individual plates and spoon out 2 tablespoons sour cream sauce on each fillet. Sprinkle with hot red pepper or paprika, if desired. Serve the dish in lettuce cups, if desired.