Chickpea and Tahini Casserole
|Spring onions||1⁄4 Pound, trimmed and sliced (1 bunch)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and sliced|
|Young parsnips||2 , peeled and cut into chunks|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chickpeas||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A handful)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As desired)|
1) In a casserole, place the spring onions, carrots, red pepper and parsnips.
2) To this, add the oil. Toss well.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, tomatoes along with their juice and all the other ingredients.
5) Season lightly with salt and pepper.
6) Now, add 1/2 pint of boiling water.
7) On high power, cook covered for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Adjust the seasonings, if required.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Tahini Casserole hot, along with brown rice.