Chickpeas Tomatoes And Rice
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Small, peeled, seeded, and chopped (Or Use Canned)|
|Canned chickpeas||16 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 Can)|
|Cooked white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), heated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large (2 quart) heavy skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the garlic just until it is golden.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and seasonings according to preference.
4. Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer until well heated.
5. Just before serving tip in the chickpea mixture and the warm rice into a large serving bowl.
6. Use two large spoons to gently toss until well mixed.
7. Serve warm, straight from the bowl.
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 439.9 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet