Chickpeas Tomatoes And Rice
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Small, peeled, seeded, and chopped (Or Use Canned)|
|Canned chickpeas||16 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 Can)|
|Cooked white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), heated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large (2 quart) heavy skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the garlic just until it is golden.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and seasonings according to preference.
4. Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer until well heated.
5. Just before serving tip in the chickpea mixture and the warm rice into a large serving bowl.
6. Use two large spoons to gently toss until well mixed.
7. Serve warm, straight from the bowl.