|Cooked chickpeas||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a stock pot or sauce pan, soak the beans in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Boil the soaked beans for 30-40 minute or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are tender. Drain the beans reserving the liquid and keep aside until required.
3. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
4. When the oil is hot, add the turmeric, curry powder, mustard powder and hing if using. Sauté the spices for 1 minute in the oil.
5. Add the sliced peppers and salt and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Finally add the drained chick peas and sauté until well mixed with the spices and peppers.
7. Heat for 5 minutes till the beans are hot.
8. Dish out into a serving casserole.
9. Garnish the chick peas with coriander and parsley.
10. Serve hot with Indian bread or over rice.