|Chickpeas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), dry|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mustard seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil then in the same saucepan for 30 minutes or until they are tender.
3. When cooked, drain the beans, reserving the water. Keep aside until cooking time.
4. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
5. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seed and wait for them to splutter.
6. When the seeds start popping, add turmeric, curry powder and ground coriander powder and sauté the spices for 1 minute in the oil.
7. To the spices, add the tomato paste, salt, lemon juice and honey and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the chopped green pepper and sauté in the spice mixture until tender.
9. Finally add the drained chick peas and sauté until well mixed with the spices and peppers.
10. Heat for 5 minutes till the beans are hot.
11. Dish out into a serving casserole.
12. Garnish the chick peas with coriander or parsley if you like.
13. Serve hot with Indian bread or over rice.