Yum, yum, give me some! That's right EJ has prepared another delicious and quick vegetarian dish. Chickpeas and Tomatoes, a light but very filling dish. Try it for yourself!
Olive oil/Vegetable oil
2 Tablespoon (or peanut oil as needed)
Fresh minced garlic
2 Clove (10 gm)
1 Tablespoon (Freshly ground or powdered ginger)
1 Medium, sliced into quarters
Fresh lime juice
Red hot chili pepper flakes
4 Medium, sliced
2 Tablespoon (As needed)
2 Can (20 oz), drained, rinsed
2 Tablespoon (To garnish)
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tbsp of oil. Add ground cumin, fresh minced garlic, fresh ground ginger or powdered ginger and onions. Stir, let the onions soften a little and cook.
2. Once the onions are cooked, de-glaze the pan by adding a little lime juice.
3. Add some red hot flakes and the freshly sliced tomatoes. Stir and let it cook at a medium high heat until the tomatoes soften.
4. Add a couple of tbsp of tomato paste and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir again.
5. Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, a little more water, if required and stir gently for a few more minutes.
6. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with rice or a flat bread.
Vegetarians and vegan followers often find themselves in trouble due to lack of variety. But if you try out new foods everyday, surely you will start enjoying your food more. Such an excellent side dish is chickpea and tomato delight that can be served with rice or flat bread for breakfast. So cheer up guys and start your morning with a good meal.