BTG Quick Fix - Chickpeas and Tomatoes
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (or peanut oil as needed)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh minced garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground ginger||1 Tablespoon (Freshly ground or powdered ginger)|
|Onions||1 Medium, sliced into quarters|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Red hot chili pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, sliced|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Chickpeas||2 Can (20 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon (To garnish)|
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tbsp of oil. Add ground cumin, fresh minced garlic, fresh ground ginger or powdered ginger and onions. Stir, let the onions soften a little and cook.
2. Once the onions are cooked, de-glaze the pan by adding a little lime juice.
3. Add some red hot flakes and the freshly sliced tomatoes. Stir and let it cook at a medium high heat until the tomatoes soften.
4. Add a couple of tbsp of tomato paste and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir again.
5. Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, a little more water, if required and stir gently for a few more minutes.
6. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with rice or a flat bread.
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.1 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.1%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet