Chicken Ricotta is a combination of chicken and ricotta cheese. Usually, the chicken breasts are stuffed with ricotta and other ingredients to utilize the goodness of this combination. These two ingredients are also added to regular pasta based dishes for an added flavor.
Chicken Ricotta Recipe– Preparation Overview
- Ingredients- Usually ricotta stuffed chicken breasts are served as a main meal dish in many of the Italian homes. This dish can be prepared in numerous ways using various ingredients. Some of the popular ingredients used in the dish preparation are ricotta cheese, garlic cloves, black olives, parsley, chicken breasts, tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese.
Method of Preparation – Garlic, ricotta cheese, parsley and pitted olives are combined and stuffed into the chicken breasts and baked after topping with tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese. The dish is served with rice or fettuccini depending on the taste preferences of the eaters.
The flavor and nutrients of this dish is improved by the addition of spinach or similar leafy vegetable.
Chicken Ricotta Recipe Variants
- Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts – This variant of the popular chicken ricotta recipe is created by combining ingredients like eggs, garlic, basil, cayenne pepper, Swiss cheese, onion, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, celery, chicken bouillon cube, and salt-pepper. All these ingredients are combined and stuffed into the chicken breast. The chicken breast is then dipped into the breading and fried in the hot oil until it turns crispy. This dish is best to be served as an appetizer and it can be teamed with any tangy sauce.
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts – This is another popular variant of the chicken ricotta recipe. A stuffing is created by frying the ingredients like onion, and spinach. The cooked spinach is then combined with cheeses and flavored with pepper and nutmeg. This filling is stuffed into the chicken breasts which are brushed with thyme, salt and olive oil before baking. The baked chicken breasts are garnished with cherry tomatoes and basil before serving with cream sauce.
- Chicken Lemon Ricotta Pasta – This pasta dish is prepared using ingredients like linguine, chicken thighs, olive oil, salt-pepper, bacon, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, clover honey, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and green onions. The chicken is fried in skillet and pasta is cooked separately. The Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and honey are combined with ricotta cheese, and cooked. The cooked pasta and remaining ingredients are added to this mixture and cooked for some more time. The dish is served after garnishing with bacon.
- Ricotta and Herb Chicken Fillets – The tender chicken breasts are enriched with garlic, and herbed cheesy filling to make this dish. Ricotta cheese, garlic clove, thyme, parsley, Parmesan cheese, Parma ham, butter, olive oil, spinach salad, and pine nuts. The chicken fillet is stuffed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and herbs. Parma ham is wrapped across the chicken fillet and heated with butter until it turns brown. The ham is served on the plate with spinach salad and pine nuts.