Chicken Liver And Walnut Salad
|Olive oil/Walnut oil||5 Teaspoon|
|Chicken livers||450 Gram (1 Pound)|
|Walnut pieces||25 Gram (1 Ounce)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 , washed and torn into pieces|
|Radish||50 Gram, trimmed and sliced very thinly (2 Ounce)|
|Spring onions||4 , trimmed and finely chopped|
1. Brush a thick saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the oil, and heat gently. With kitchen scissors, snip the chicken livers into quarters, directly into the pan, cutting off and discarding any green parts. Stir over a medium heat for 4 minutes.
2. Add the walnut pieces, turn the heat down as far as possible, cover tightly and simmer for a further 5 minutes. The livers should be just cooked and still slightly pink inside.
3. Meanwhile, blend the remaining oil with the garlic (if using), vinegar yogurt, salt and pepper in a Jug.
4. Place the lettuce, radishes and spring onions in a bowl and toss well.
5. Divide the vegetable mixture between 4 shallow bowls or dinner plates. Spoon the liver quarters with the walnuts and pan juices over the vegetables and serve, accompanied by the dressing.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 389.6 mg129.9%
Sodium 159.7 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 314.2% Vitamin C 56.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 61.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet