Easy Ginger Chicken with Broccoli
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled and minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced into rings|
|Garlic||3 , minced|
|Soya sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Broccoli crowns||1 Pound|
1. Slice scallions.
2. Chop garlic.
3. Scrape our ginger skin and slice and chop it.
4. Slice onions into thin rings.
5. Cut broccoli crowns.
6. Cut chicken into hearty, bite sized pieces.
7. Heat oil on a skillet over medium heat.
8. Add chicken. Let it cook for eight minutes until it is done. Keep it aside.
9. In the same pan, add ginger, garlic and onion and cook for around 6 minutes or until it browns.
10. Add soy sauce, honey and vinegar and cook for another three minutes.
11. Add broccoli crowns and cook covered with lid until slightly tender for about five minutes.
12. Add chicken back into pan.
13. Add chopped scallions.
14. Serve Easy Ginger Chicken with Broccoli on a serving platter.
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 697.7 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 30 g60.1%
Vitamin A 47.6% Vitamin C 130.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet