|Pita bread||1 Large (Arabic)|
|Chicken||1 , whole cut up into four pieces. you may use only breast meat|
|Onion||1 Small (100 gram cut cubes.)|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Preferably Egyptian Rice)|
|Yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs) (You May Use Low Fat Yogurt.)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash|
|Toasted pine seeds||1 Tablespoon (And/or Almonds)|
1. Toast the Arabic bread and cut into small pieces and place it in a large deep serving dish.
2. Seal the chicken with a little oil from all sides.
3. Add water, bring to boil and skim the froth as it appears.
4. Add onion, salt and cardamom and cook for 50 minutes until chicken is falling off of the bones.
5. Remove meat pieces from bones and set aside reserving the chicken stock.
6. Add lemon juice and minced garlic to the bread.
7. Pour some of the chicken stock over the toasted bread.
8. Spoon the rice over the bread and if needed, add more broth. Combine all the ingredients for the yogurt and pour over the rice.
9. Place the chicken meat pieces over the yogurt.
10. Garnish with toasted nuts and sprinkle parsley over and serve immediately.