Tasty Easy Chicken Fry
|Chicken pieces||1 Kilogram, medium sized pieces|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken masala powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Curd/Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or 1 tablespoon- lime juice)|
1. In a bowl put all the spices, curd and salt. Mix well to a paste. Put the chicken pieces and mix to coat all the pieces well. Cover and let it sit for at least 1 hour.
2. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot put the marinated chicken pieces carefully in it. Do not overcrowd the pan.
3. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for at least 10 minutes. Flip the pieces, cover and continue to cook for another 6 minutes.
4. Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium and let it crisp up for around 5 minutes on each side or till the marinate begins to caramelize.
5. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Repeat this with the rest of the pieces and add more oil to the pan if required.
6. Serve this fried chicken as appetizer or as main dish.
The left overs if any can be used to make sandwich or rolls.
Make sure the chicken is fully cooked, otherwise, increase the cooking time by a few more minutes.
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 450 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 37 g74.8%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet