1. After slicing the chicken breasts into halves, cover them with wax paper and pound them with a tenderizer hammer until they flatten to between ½ and ¾ of an inch thick.
2. In a gallon sized food storage bag, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and basil and shake to mix thoroughly. 3. Add the chicken to the bag and shake till the pieces are complexly coated. Heat the butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat then cook the chicken for about 4 minutes or until lightly brown, then flip and add the mushrooms.
4. Cook for another 4 minutes.
5. Add the Marsala wine and cook for three minutes, then flip and lower the temperature to medium low and cook for about seven minutes more.
6. Serve on its own or with pasta or rice!