When we think of Bouillabaisse, we think fish soup! But bouillabaisse's cooking method is also perfect for chicken. On any given Sunday in the hills around Nice France you are very likely to find Chicken Bouillabaisse on the menu!
8 (skin on and bone in)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 Medium, chopped finely
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (with their juices)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm), crush
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Place a large saute pan on flame and heat olive oil in it.
3. Drop onion and let it sweat, uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. Add orange zest, saffron, thyme, and white wine. Stir and bring it to a boil.
5. Drop chopped tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring it back to a boil.
6. Throw chicken thighs into the pan, cover and pop it in oven for 45 minutes.
7. Meanwhile for white sauce, in a mixing bowl add mayonnaise, paprika, garlic, and lemon juice.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
10. Remove the pan from oven and place it back on flame. Cook uncovered for an additional 25-30 minutes.
11. In a serving platter, place a piece of chicken thigh, cover it with broth and serve it with bread and white sauce.