|Chicken drumstick||6 Medium|
|Curry powder||40 Gram (1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||15 Gram, grated|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, grated|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Canned tomato||200 Gram|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Fruit jam||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Steamed zakkoku-mai||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked (Rice with Mixed Grains and Seeds)|
1. In a tray, place the chicken drumsticks in a single layer and sprinkle salt pepper and 1 teaspoon of curry powder on both the sides and toss to coat.
2. Roughly chop the onion and process it in food processor to grate.
3. Dust the chicken with flour on both sides and toss to coat well.
4. In a pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the chicken on both the sides for 5 mins until golden brown.
5. Remove the chicken and set aside.
6. In the same pot, heat remaining olive oil, fry the onions on high heat and reduce the liquid.
7. Scrape the bottom of the pan, and cook the onions for 30 minutes or until the onion is browned.
8. Reduce the heat and caramelize the onions.
9. Add in the cumin, grated ginger and garlic, and stir and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Put in the 2 tablespoons of curry powder and saute for 3 minutes.
11. Pour in the canned tomato and stir to mix, pour in water and add crushed bouillon cube and yogurt, stir to mix.
12. Place the chicken and bring to boil on high heat and remove the foam using spoon.
13. Cover the pot and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
14. Add in the salt, pepper, remaining curry powder, garam masala and fruit jam and stir well.
15. Simmer the curry for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
16. Serve the chicken curry over bed of steamed zakkoku-mai rice with grains and seeds.