A very easy recipe for a Mexican style grilled chicken absolutely packed with flavor. This starts with a chipotle and beer marinade and is cooked on the grill using indirect heat.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
7 Ounce (1 can)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or any oil)
5 Clove (25 gm)
6 Pound, cut in half (5 1/2- 6)
Coarse ground kosher salt
1. For marinade, in blender, add chipotle pepper, avocado oil, garlic, and beer. Blend until smooth.
2. In ziplock bag, put chicken and pour marinade in it. Shake to coat well. Place it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, place it on grill and sprinkle salt on it.
4. Place chicken on direct flame and cook until it gets nice charred marks.
5. Now place chicken on indirect flame, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degree at the breast and 180 degree at the thigh and the leg portion of chicken. Try to maintain temperature of grill to 375 degree F while cooking.
6. Flip chicken once half way through and place green onions on grill. Continue cooking.
7. Remove chicken from grill and let it rest.
8. Carve chicken and serve it with roasted green onion, radish, and cilantro garnish.
You can serve grilled chicken with rice, beans, and taco.